Saturday, November 05, 2011

Wintry Days

Isn't it strangely depressing how the sun goes down early during winter? It's 5:22 p.m. and this room is already so dark!

Yes, I must confess I'm a big fan of gloomy looking days, when the sky is cloudy and threatening to pour down rain or snow on unprepared passers-by, but I can't help feeling a little sad at this time of the day, when it is past five o'clock and I'm here still desperately writing. I know people who would say it's just the sugar level in my blood stream going down, but I think that this daily sudden sadness has to do with feeling slightly frustrated as I notice the day saying goodbye without leaving behind a gift, a get well note, or some other thoughtful little thing.

During winter, in particular, I'm aware of how my days go by flying, and how slow I am. I feel, then, this urge to embrace the entire world at once, to do everything I can -- and can't -- and to live all experiences there are to be experienced. But, unfortunately, I realize how short my arms are, and how I always pull myself back to reason, and how I appreciate writing by hand... instead of typing up my stories. I can't help wondering, before 6:00 p.m. finally snatches me away from this world of expectations I have within me, whether I'll be able to truly accomplish my most ambitious dreams within the little time that these wintry days provide.

No comments: