Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Creepy February and Inappropriate Analogies


It is 5:13 AM of a cold, miserable Wednesday morning. Oh, don't worry, my mood isn't miserable. I'm just tired. I should be in bed, I know. I am in bed, actually; although not asleep, I'm sitting here under the blankets, using a laptop to work on some writing that I should have written months ago. I forbore listening to certain ideas, and now they've found me. They chased me all the way to now. Well, all the way to a week ago, precisely. But they're still here like half lovely, half annoying guests who can't realize that they should be leaving soon.

Editing certainly is a strange activity. I keep reading and reading, and I can't help feeling surprised now and then as the story progresses. It's almost as if, though not entirely, I had not written Daphne's adventures at all! One extraordinary thing is how clearly I see the characters now. Well, Daphne was always as concrete as yours truly, but some other folks were still a mystery to me. Now, finally, I think – though am probably wrong – I understand them, their decisions and the meaning behind unspoken words.

My life still is upside down. My friends' lives are upside down as well. And February turned out to be Creepy February, but at least we're still alive. The good thing is that I'm starting to see beauty from staring at the world from this angle. And that probably sounded naughty, but I don't care. It's late, and I'm tired, and I'm going to sleep in a second. By the time I wake up later today, this blog entry shall be already erased from my mind, along with the shame of making a sexual pun.

I wish you guys all the best!

No comments: