Thursday, February 02, 2012

Packing - Unpacking Blues

Hi!


As I mentioned in my last blog entry, we've moved into a new place. It's a house not too far from where we lived. Cleaning the apartment was really hard and moving out was exhausting, but Michael's dad made it easier. He helped us a lot, and even gave us a ride now and then, and provided snacks.


Our room is still a mess, but today we were finally able to arrange the furniture the way we wanted and to set up our work corners. My writing area faces a window. I like it. Although it is distracting at time, it also feeds my imagination. I see flocks of birds quickly flying by St. Mary's Hospital, which is a tall red building with many white windows. I also see a few naked, scary trees. And a factory, too. I don't know what it is for, but this morning its chimney was releasing a stinky smoke. Michael has a theory on what they could be burning, but I don't think anyone could stomach reading about it. There's a frozen lake nearby, where I constantly see people ice fishing when I go outside, but I can't see them from my window.


I think I'm a little melancholy. I hate moving out. Packing and unpacking are annoying, and I keep feeling we have too many things. My goal is to every week get rid of stuff we don't use anymore, so we're ready to travel to Brazil when time comes. I'm also a little melancholy because I couldn't get literary agents interested in Daphne's Book so far, but I'll keep trying. If that fails, then I guess I'll just publish it online for free.


Well, that's all for now. I hope you guys are doing fine and getting ready for Carnival! I miss Galo da Madrugada, even though I was never the type of kid who liked partying.


My warmest wishes, even though I'm having trouble staying warm myself.
-- Becca 

2 comments:

Aline Lima said...

Be pacient about publishing your book. JK Rowling had the same problem and look what she is today. Just don`t (never) give it up!

Rebecca Carvalho said...

Thank you, Aline. You're always very kind. =)