Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Terrible things happened this week

We're going through a weird wave of bad luck. Seriously. I'm scared.

I) The day before yesterday, one of my new friends' grandpa passed away. She was on her way to work, and got the dreaded phone call informing her he had fainted at home and been brought to a hospital. Unfortunately, his heart stopped beating. His funeral happened yesterday. She was brave enough to come to work and go through training, still fighting to keep her mind busy. Still, though, it was clear she wasn't fine. My heart goes out to her and her family.

II) Yesterday, another of my new friends also heard bad news on the phone. When we were done with training, he called his significant other's cell phone number and to his surprise a stranger answered the phone. It turned out her cell phone had been robbed, and the robber started terrorizing him on the phone. When he hung up, he desperately called home to check if she was safe, but she didn't answer. Fear that they had done something bad to her hit him full force. He ran down the avenue all the way to his neighborhood (literally!), trembling and absolutely nervous. Thankfully, she was safe at home. He was so scared, though, that even today he still felt awkward, psychologically drained.

I don't know what to say. Really. I just wish things are going to get better in their lives. And pray nothing bad will come my way.

Hope YOU are doing fine. Stay safe.

Love,
-- Becca 

No comments: