Sunday, April 07, 2013

Good news!

Hi guys!

Okay, I *finally* I have news to tell you:

1) My crush finally said hi to me. Okay, let me explain: I've had a crush on Neil Gaiman since my first year at Lawrence University. I love his books. I love his looks. I love everything about him. He's very talented, and when I grow up I want to be like him.

I've always wondered what I'd feel like if I ever met him in person. I've pictured this a thousand times, and by now I'm pretty sure I will embarrass myself when I get to shake hands with him. I might even drop dead.

I still haven't met him in person, but he talked with me on Twitter! It was a day I will never forget. I was sick in bed, feeling like the world was going to end, eyeing Twitter, when I saw Neil was online. I thought to myself, I would feel so much better if he said hi to me. So, I tweeted it. And, to my surprise, he replied the next second with:


I almost had a heart attack. Seriously. I started saying, "oh my God" and probably said it so many times that I startled my husband. I couldn't explain what had just happened. So, I showed my laptop to him, and he was just as surprised.

Isn't he nice? He was busy, but was kind enough to send me a tweet. I think I was so excited that my fever skyrocketed when I saw he had just talked with me. But, a day or two later I did get better!

2) Hubs and I are moving into a new place. This is so exciting. Our new apartment is not that far from here, so it should be easy enough to move our stuff. There are so many things I need to do: packing, figure out internet, cleaning around our current place. But, we're happy. I'll celebrate my birthday at our new place. That's the best birthday gift ever!

-------

So, I guess that's it for now. I talked with Neil Gaiman!!! And we're moving into a new place!!! And... I hope more good news will come our way.

Happy Sunday! 

No comments: