Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Writers, how do you manage to keep your house clean in November?

Hey guys,

My apartment is so messy. I don't even want to look at it. I am... you know... writing another book. My fellow writers will understand me.

I was just now doing laundry, and the floor in the laundry room sure needs some washing. If you're anything like me, you panic at the sight of dirty things, and think of all the hours you'll spend cleaning, when you could be getting writing done. Well, that will have to wait for now. I just need to take a deep breath and better organize myself.

This is just a quick post to celebrate the beginning of a new draft. I'm so excited about my WIP, guys. I don't remember exactly when I had the idea for Countdown. I think it was a year ago, while I was working on Curupira. Since then, I've tried writing it a few times, but it never felt right until now. The first five chapters of the story are very claustrophobic, and I don't think I was ready for them before. I still struggle with them a little, but I'm definitely curious about the plot and the characters.

Countdown is my second YA novel, and for now I'm describing it as a cross between The Truman Show and The Breakfast Club. In the future, perhaps, I'll tell you more about the story and the characters. Let's hope I'll finish the first draft this month (yes, I'm NaNoing), because  we're hosting Christmas again this year (meaning: December will involve lots of cleaning, cooking, and sightseeing with Mom).

Wish me luck. Are you NaNoing, too? If so, how do you manage to keep your house clean in November?

Beijos!
-- Becca

 

No comments: